Confined Space Awareness
Minimum half a day of 3 learning hours
The purpose of this standard is to acquaint candidates with the principles of working safely in confined spaces and awareness of the legislation applying to confined spaces working.
The training will be useful for those that work near confined spaces, have to manage these operations, or are associated in some other way.
The scope of this standard covers:
- examples of confined spaces: tanks, vaults, manholes, tunnels, pipelines, storage bins, and many more
- risks, hazards, controls, and PPE inherent in confined spaces
- risk classifications
- the importance of personal hygiene
- health and safety responsibilities of individuals, managers, and employer
- the importance of reporting accidents, ill health, and other incidents.
The purpose of this standard is to provide the approved training organisation (ATO) with a scope of the minimum delivery/requirements for training delegates in confined space awareness. This training does not train or certify a person to enter a confined space.