Duration: 3 days
Cost per person: £450+VAT
Min: 6 Max: 10
This course is perfect for candidates needing knowledge and experience to work in and around excavations. They will learn how to apply the appropriate legislation to maintain a safe working environment.
This course covers:
- Spoil characteristics safe storage and removal of excavated material
- Maintaining a safe environment.
- Maintaining tools and equipment.
- Underground and above ground services.
- Permits to work.
- Working at height near excavations.
- Safety signs and signals.
- Emergency procedures.
- Banksman role and responsibilities.
- Transportation of loads.
- Hazards – all common plant and plant machinery.
- Hazards – collapse, noise, environmental and services.
- Legislation, regulations and approved guidance.
- Topsoil and subsoil characteristics.
- Proprietary trench support.
- Marking out and measuring.
- The effects of adverse weather conditions.