This course combines theoretical and practical exercises to ensure all candidates have an excellent knowledge and understanding of servicing and operating the Telescopic Handler, and the practical skills to manoeuvre it safely on site.
Candidates will first learn how to operate the vehicles on our state-of-the-art plant simulators, before moving onto practical exercises on our mock-live site.
- Roles and responsibilities of the operator.
- Pre-start and running checks.
- Purpose of the machine’s components and controls.
- Preparing vehicle for travel on site.
- Travelling up and down a gradient and over rough and uneven terrains.
- Pass through a chicane/restriction forward and reverse direction.
- Picking up loads and travelling around site.
- Hill starts, both laden and unladen.
- Placing loads onto a loading tower and back to the original position.
- Placing loads onto a vehicle bed.
- Stacking and unstacking loads.
- Shutdown procedures.