This course covers all aspects of how to use a cut off saw safely and includes appropriate personal protective equipment, selecting and fitting appropriate cutting wheels, operating and refueling the machine through to safe transportation. It will also provide candidates with the correct level of knowledge to operate a petrol driven cut off saw safely.
- The PPE requirements when using a cut off saw.
- Machine safety features.
- How to ensure that the wheel is correct for the machine and its application.
- The causes of kickback and how to prevent it from happening.
- How to safely fit the wheel.
- How to refuel and fit the fuel cap correctly.
- Conducting a site assessment.
- How to safely transport the machine.