‘AccXel Ambassadors’ – Constructing Sustainable Futures
The AccXel Ambassador programme is now in its second year and supporting more young people than ever before! By connecting industry with education, AccXel Ambassadors provide mentorship to apprentices, offering feedback, ideas, and support outside of their employer and the construction school. Additionally, Ambassadors support recruitment efforts and act as a brand advocate for AccXel.
So far this year, industry leaders that have agreed to be a part of the Ambassador Programme include Sean Brill (Edenstone Group); Dale Fisher (Norman Bromley Partnership); Anne Okafor (Robertson Construction Eastern); Ian Hamilton (Bradfords Building Supplies); Jason French (Support Connect); Craig Rooke (CTE UK); Ele George (Elevate); Andy Barham (Premiere Kitchens); Sophie Perkins (Atkins); Robbie Canham (Transport for Wales); Paul Lacy (Galliford Try); and Daniel Biddle (The National Diversity Employment and Advisory Service).
What Does Being an AccXel Ambassador Involve?
By agreeing to the Ambassador pledge, companies must adhere to the following:
- Uphold and demonstrate AccXel’s core values of excellence, innovation, collaboration, and integrity in all interactions and activities.
- Actively promote AccXel’s programmes, including apprenticeships,
- Skill STEPS© and other training offerings.
- Share personal journey and success stories with AccXel.
- Participate in community outreach initiatives organised by AccXel.
- Be an apprentice mentor.
- Promote the organisation’s reputation, values, and contributions to the construction industry.
- Provide feedback, suggestions, and ideas to continually improve the Ambassador programme, services, and overall experience for students and professionals.
- Assist in recruitment efforts by sharing information about AccXel’s Programmes.
- Referring potential candidates who could benefit from the educational opportunities we offer.
For the first year of the programme, AccXel and the Ambassadors achieved excellence in all 3 focus areas:
- Inspire young people for their best next step – AccXel Result: 95%
- Prepare young people to be career-ready – AccXel Result: 91%
- Collaborate for success – AccXel Result: 96%
After deciding to renew the programme for the next year, Managing Director, Nicola Bird commented that:
“These outstanding scores are a testament to the collective efforts of AccXel and those involved in the Ambassador programme.”
“By becoming an AccXel Ambassador, companies enjoy the benefits of being affiliated with AccXel which includes participation in community and construction industry events and awards, as well as a range of other marketing benefits and opportunities.”
If your organisation is interested in joining AccXel’s Ambassador programme GET IN TOUCH today!