Bricklaying - NVQ Level 2
The Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Trowel Occupations (Construction) - Bricklaying qualification is designed to be achieved in a real workplace environment as well as with support from AccXel and an employer. The course has been developed to enable the student to demonstrate and recognise their skills, knowledge and understanding of Bricklaying within the construction industry.
Provided by AccXel Construction School and NOCN (National Open College Network), you will be assessed against a set of performance and knowledge indicators which are provided by National Occupational Standards. Additionally, an occupationally qualified assessor will assess you and provide support throughout the course.
In order to complete (pass) this qualification, learners must successfully complete/achieve all 5 mandatory units and 1 optional unit.
Minimum Age: 16
Minimum Guided Learning Hours: 334
Total Qualification Time (TQT): 670
As part of the NVQ Level 2 Certificate in Trowel Occupations (Construction) - Bricklaying, you must complete the following mandatory units:
- Conforming to General Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace
- Conforming to Productive Working Practices in the Workplace
- Erecting masonry structures in the workplace
- Moving, Handling and Storing Resources in the Workplace
- Setting Out to Form Masonry Structures in the Workplace
The learner must then complete one of the following optional units:
- Erecting Masonry Cladding in the Workplace
- Erecting Thin Joint Masonry Structures in the Workplace
- Installing and Forming Specialist Masonry Elements in the Workplace
- Installing Drainage in the Workplace
- Placing and Compacting Concrete in the Workplace
- Repairing and Maintaining Masonry Structures in the Workplace
There are no formal entry requirements to take the NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Trowel Occupations (Construction) - Bricklaying qualification. You can enrol on the course without any previous training or qualifications in this subject area, however we do require for students to be employed to enable them to gain real life experience while studying.