We currently offer two levels of fire safety training at AccXel; Fire Safety Awareness and Fire Safety.
Duration: 1/2 day
Cost per person: £60+VAT
On our half-a-day Fire Safety Awareness course candidates will learn basic fire safety principles to ensure they are always keeping themselves and others in the workplace safe. They will also learn what to do in the event of an emergency and the simple measures that can be taken to control the risk of fires. This course is an ideal way to ensure that all employees have a good understanding of fire safety, whilst minimising disruption to your organisation’s day to day activity.
This course covers:
- Causes of fires in the workplace.
- The costs of fires in the workplace for employers, employees and society.
- Basic fire safety duties and responsibilities.
- Actions to be taken in the event of a fire.
- Safe use of portable fire-fighting equipment.
- Principles of fire risk control:
- Key elements for effective fire risk management.
- The fire triangle and controlling fire risks.
- Fire risk control measures.
- Fire prevention measures.
- Fire safety equipment checks.
Duration: 1 day
Cost per person: £95+VAT
Our full day Fire Safety (RQF) course has been designed for anyone who has a specific responsibility for fire safety in the workplace, such as designated fire wardens/fire marshals. Successful candidates will gain an understanding of fire safety management at work and the specific roles and responsibilities related to fire safety in the workplace.
This course covers:
- The fire triangle.
- Hazards during and after a fire.
- Fire and smoke spread.
- Identifying and controlling fire hazards:
- Fire prevention.
- Fire detection and raising the alarm.
- Means of escape.
- Principles of extinguishing fires.
- Fire-fighting equipment and systems.
- Fire safety laws.
- Duties and responsibilities of employers and employees.
- Undertaking a fire safety inspection.
- Fire safety risk assessments.
- Contents of a fire safety briefing.
- Roles and responsibilities of the nominated fire warden:
- On a day-to-day basis.
- During an emergency.